Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Unbelievable

Well, today has been unbelievable to say the least. Originally I thought the trip would go like this, Colorado Springs to Houston to Germany to Kuwait, but I was wrong and the actual trip is this, Colorado Springs to Maine to Ireland to Kuwait. Learning that was pretty interested but just wait, it gets better.

We landed in Maine to refuel, reload with supplies, and give everyone a few minutes to get off and stretch, well no no no much more happened in that time period. While everyone got off the plane to stretch and go to the bathroom the medics attended to 2 people that had gotten sick during the short flight from Colorado Springs to Maine. Apparently one guy got so sick that they had to call an ambulance and get official people to check him out. Mind you the ambulance is looking him over while everyone else has gotten back on the plane. 2 hours later they take him to the hospital. 1 hour after that they decide that he is going to go back to the springs to get healthy and fly out in a week and meet us there. That's all nice and fine until the crew and pilot then tell us that they have been working too long and need to take a break so they can rest. Now, 6 and a half hours later we are all supposed to rack out and sleep in the airport and wait until the crew is ready again to fly to Ireland.

I sincerely hope that the year does not follow this path, luckily the soldier that got ill is not one of mine and the only problem I am facing is annoyance and complacency.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this is getting off to a rocky start. Hopefully things smooth out once you get to Kuwait. Let's hope you are on your way to Ireland/Kuwait. I love you be safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ok Abby, Aaron is fitting in just fine with all of the Leprachauns here in Ireland. Im not sure if I spelled that word correctly. Yes, that was another height joke on Aaron and there are going to be many more to come. I will take care of the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw.. dont pick on him. haha good things come in small packages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should say I'm surprised that this is happening, but I guess I kind of expected the Army to work like that. Glad to hear you made it to Maine and hopefully on your way to Kuwait.

    Burney...just put him in your ruck and make sure he stays out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck, no fun to sleep in the airport! I hope you're successfully on your way to Kuwait. We're thinking about you and love you lots.
    xo, Meryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. sleeping in the airport? it is a rite of passage in today's air travel and
    Dad and I started that off on a trip to the Caribbean BC (before children)! Sorry it was unpleasant but glad to know the soldier will be fine. Just keep shaking your head in amazement! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like the Army! There will be a lot of it, unfortunately. Keep your great sense of humor, and keep posting to this blog, because then you will never really be alone. All the rest of us will be able to feel some of what you feel, and give you positive - if sometimes humorous - reinforcement. Dad (logged on as Mom)

    ReplyDelete