Friday, March 26, 2010

Kuwait

I made it to Kuwait safe and sound with very few problems. It is a very weird atmosphere here because this is more of a base than I thought. It is almost identical to NTC becuase there are permanent party stationed here that live and work for the year. In addition to the Army personnel there are American civilians here that run training and the security force protection detail is all contracted out. There are a lot of Kuwaitis that work on this base; which by the way is called Camp Buehring. There is a Starbucks, KFC, Pizza place, Donut shop, Green Beane Coffe, its actually really weird to have these things out here. The joke is that all the meat comes from camels and goats since they dont have any cows out in the Middle East! Communication is rough becuase the permanent party people tie up all the resources and are always out using the phones and computers which makes it hard to get on.

As it stands now, based on information I got a few hours ago, I am still going to COB Basra and will be there doing the supposed PRT mission. That is good news becuase we should have resources there. Well, there is a time limit on how long I can be on the computer so I will be back to post in a few days. Hopefully home is better than the sand box!

5 comments:

  1. So glad to get your email and grateful to the USO for providing services to you all. By the way, goat is a delicacy in many cultures in both hemispheres! Not that I want to try it but Dad has. So glad we have this site to keep in touch and love to all your friends and colleagues who have posted. XO, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shabbat Shalom, Aaron and a good Pesach. You are in our thoughts. Please let us know if there is anything that you or your unit needs.

    Rabbi Abraham

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey aaron, I am so happy that you are in Kuwait and you finally made it. I am so sorry that I missed the call, for some reason I didnt have reception at grammy's house. If you call me back, and I dont answer give it a try again.. i have my internship all weekend 7a-3:30p so I will make every attempt to answer if you should call. I hope you are doing ok. I miss you and I love you, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there buddy....glad to hear you made it to Kuwait. Sounds like things should be pretty good there for you over the next few weeks. I made chicken tonight for dinner and it was gross. Definitely going to get skinnier until you come back! Later

    -Craig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron -

    So glad to hear that you made it safe and sound! We miss you and Lexi asks about you all the time. She really misses you a lot! ;)

    We are FINALLY moving to Georgia in less than 2 weeks and couldn't be happier to be closer to family!

    I will be sure to keep an eye on your blog and keep in touch. We are praying for you and for your safe return. God Bless!

    - Kelly

    ReplyDelete