CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Yesterday morning / early afternoon my amazing girlfriend graduated from DeSales University! She graduated cum laude which is pretty awesome in my opinion and now officially has her RN degree. I guess she wont be a practicing nurse until she takes the boards in June but in my book she is a nurse now. My nurse!
Im so proud of all the hard work and dedication over the past few years you have put into achieving a goal you set for yourself. It is a testament to the extra effort you have put into your studies especially the last 2 years without having me around to support you from your side but only from a distance. I am really proud of you for being able to handle all of the stress you have in addition to the fact that you only get to see your boyfriend monthly, if that, and now not really at all.
I am really sorry that I could not be there to spend this once in a lifetime experience with you and share in the moment. You were in my thoughts all day yesterday and today and I am always hoping the best for you. I was cheering to myself during the time that you were graduating and going up to receive your diploma. I know that this whole situation and experience we are in and working through right now is difficult. Its hard being apart to being with but half a world makes it that much harder. Just know that you are always on my mind. The littlest things remind me of you. I cant wait to congratulate you in person when I eventually get to come home on leave.
I love you sweetheart.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi BLB,
ReplyDeleteWe're thinking of you, and taking big hugs from you with us to Abby's graduation party today. We are all so proud of her and you, and thankful that you have such a strong, supportive, wonderful woman in your life to love and to love you and help you do this incredible job you've taken on for our country. I know you want to be here in person, and so does Abby. We love you.
xo,
Meryl
Hi Tati,
ReplyDeleteAll of Abby's family sends you love and are so proud of you. Dad read your post as a toast to Abby from the print I made and framed for her - the frame was my grandmother's, then Grandma's and is now hers. It was great to googlechat with you today - keep on keeping on! Love always, Mom
Aaron,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for devoting this post to me! I especially loved the part where you said you were cheering at the time I was graduating. It really means a lot to me. I am sorry that you are not here to enjoy the celebration, but we will have many more in the future. I love the frame your mom put the post in. We will put it next to our diplomas and your commissioning certificate. I enjoyed having my family and yours come together. I love you and I am proud of you too! Stay safe and know that I am always thinking about you and that you have so many people back home who love you more than words can describe.
Xo,
Abby
try to remember the things that you can share and not to focus on what you are missing. my mother who raised me alone while my dad was in the military always said it is a special day whenever we are together- everyone knows your spirit was w/ abby as hers is w/ you! we all love and miss you- aunt nancy and uncle edward
ReplyDeleteps- our abbey graduates on thursday- it has beena long long road!
Hi Aaron, Abby's family knows how to throw a party! It was great, and we all had fun. It was a special treat to be able to pass around the Droid and Google chat with you; your were present in everyone's thoughts and prayers. Everyone loved your latest post, and Mom downloaded and framed it so nicely. Meryl taught me how to take and send a photo from the Droid, and she is sending you more photos from her Cannon. We are glad your latest missions have gone so well, and look forward to a photo of the Iraqi patch you were given. We love you, Dad
ReplyDelete